CPG brands must be able to effectively utilize mobile marketing strategies to connect with consumers in the store and online. Whether they’re marketing on social media or simply sending an email campaign, brands must reach consumers on a personal level to gain sales. Sales in the CPG industry are built on trust, and trust is best established through personal connections.
Luckily, there are many tools brands can use to develop effective mobile marketing strategies. Social media platforms offer brands the opportunity to target ads. Mobile marketing provides a way to connect with consumers on the path to purchase. Even simple content marketing can build credibility and engage consumers. Here are three ways brands can create effective mobile marketing strategies and improve their sales both online and in the shopping aisle.
3 Effective Mobile Marketing Strategies
- Target Consumers With PPI and PPC Campaigns
Brands have significant opportunities to reach consumers on social media as they can target ads based on the search history and desires of users. Remarketing, for example, allows brands to reach consumers based on their prior visits to a website as well as their search history. This can turn browsers into buyers.
Pay-per-click and pay-per-impression campaigns are scalable, as brands can choose to display their ads to those that are most likely to make a purchase. Combining such programs with social media makes them even more effective as brands can target users based on prior purchase history, location, age, and personal preferences. Such campaigns create a personalized connection that can drive sales for years to come.
- Engage Users in the Store
There are many tools brands can leverage to engage users via mobile app marketing which carry over into the retail environment. Some to consider include:
- Voice ordering: The global voice ordering market grew by 187% in the second quarter of 2018, when compared to the same period results from 2017. Voice is becoming a significant ordering platform for users, meaning brands must find a way to leverage it in retail.
- Rewarded video: When consumers receive in-game perks or rewards points for watching a branded video, they’re far more likely to remember the brand when they’re shopping later. Brands should consider how they can implement such programs as the demand for video content grows.
- Shopping apps: In the aisle, shopping campaigns are often supported through third-party apps. Shopkick, for example, works with many CPG brands looking to drive awareness of new products and deals by incentivizing and rewarding consumers for their interaction.
- Augmented reality apps: Many brands look to augmented reality as an omnichannel marketing avenue. AR programs allow brands to bring digital products into the consumer’s physical space, which increases trust.
Brands can partner with third-party apps to develop their own mobile marketing campaigns, or they can create in-house programs. Regardless, the need to leverage mobile technology in the shopping aisle and immediately before the consumer’s shopping trip is critical to maintaining strong sales.
- Offer Added Value With Informative Content
CPG brands must be able to present themselves as industry experts when it comes to solving consumers’ problems. It boils down to introducing the brand’s knowledge as an added service to the product they already sell. Whether it’s a makeup brand teaching someone how to choose the right foundation shade, or a baby product company showing new parents how to buy the right diaper fit for their child; it’s all about trust.
Regularly publishing content which helps consumers better understand the products they buy and how to use them goes a long way towards building consumer trust. Brands must consider their own unique selling point and then leverage their industry expertise to drive the point home. By providing useful information in addition to the product itself, brands establish themselves as authorities in their niche who can be trusted with the everyday needs of consumers.
Effective mobile marketing strategies help build consumer trust and reach them at the right time.
Effective mobile marketing strategies help build consumer trust and reach them at the right time. Whether a brand is testing out new mobile marketing apps or embarking on a long tail campaign to advise consumers, these efforts establish confidence which leads to consumer loyalty. Knowing consumers well enough to target ads creates credibility, which keeps them coming back to brands for years to come. The sales driver today for CPG brands is becoming a trusted source of well-timed and well-thought-out advice that consumers can use to make their lives easier.
Shopkick helps our partners reach more consumers with app-based, effective mobile marketing strategies. To see how our campaigns have improved the results of our partners, review a few of our success stories.
Image courtesy of Fizkes