Shopkick is Giving Away $10,000 in Kicks to Ease the Pain at the Pump
The average price of a gallon of fuel has increased by approximately 47 percent ($1.36) since last year, and consumers are feeling the impact. According to recent data by Shopkick, a leading shopping rewards app, nearly all (99 percent) consumers have noticed an increase in gas prices, and 86 percent have been affected by the recent surge. Of those impacted, 71 percent are driving less, 59 percent have tightened their budget, 28 percent are purchasing less fuel, and 7 percent are entirely unable to buy fuel.
To fully understand how rising gas prices are affecting Americans and discover ways to help, Shopkick surveyed more than 36,000 consumers between March 17-20, 2022.
Key Findings Include:
- Consumers are Getting Less Fuel: Before the spike in gas prices, 87 percent of consumers would fill their tank all the way up, and now, only 59 percent fill it completely. Thirty-one percent of drivers are now choosing to only fill their tank halfway when getting fuel, compared to 10 percent previously.
- Cost Concerns: An overwhelming 95 percent of consumers are worried about rising gas prices, and 62 percent saying they are extremely worried. When asked how much additional money in their wallets would help consumers feel more secure while fueling up, 24 percent say between $21-$40, 23 percent say $41-$60, 12 percent say $60-$80, and 13 percent say $81-$100.
- Cutting Back on Non-Essentials: In the last month, the majority (72 percent) of consumers have altered their spending habits for non-essential purchases, with 64 percent cutting back and 31 percent skipping non-essential purchases altogether.
- Less Frequent Trips: Gas prices may be rising, but 56 percent say they are not shopping online more frequently now than they were before. However, 74 percent of consumers have cut down their frequency of trips to the store.
To help out the Americans impacted by high gas prices, Shopkick is launching a nationwide fuel sweepstakes – giving 100 users $100 (25,000 kicks each) to use at the pump. Between March 24-28, 2022, every Shopkick user who earns just one kick by Monday, March 28th will automatically be eligible and entered to win. Trying to avoid driving and save money? Shopkick makes it easy to earn kicks, even from the comfort of your home.
How to earn a kick:
- Watch videos at home
- Shop online through the app
- Walk into a store
- Scan items in-store
- Shop with a linked card
- Submit a receipt
“Inflation and rising gas prices are causing financial concern across the country, especially as 46 percent of consumers are required to drive to work every day,” said Brittany Billings, EVP, strategic markets & marketing at Shopkick. “Our user community is at the center of all we do at Shopkick, and we recognize the economic challenges many are facing. We decided to create this giveaway to support them through this hard time and help fill up their tanks stress-free.”
To participate in the Shopkick Fuel Sweepstakes, consumers can download the free Shopkick app on iPhone or Android devices.
Shopkick Fuel Sweepstakes entry ends on 3/28/22 at 11:59 pm PST. One hundred winners will be selected and awarded 25,000 kicks each. Winners will be contacted and announced following the contest end date. Find the full contest rules: here