A leading off-price department store was looking for an innovative way to drive incremental foot traffic and increase sales. They were focused on both winning new customers and strengthening loyalty and shopping frequency amongst existing customers.
Shopkick kept the retailer top of mind with shoppers at-home through contextually relevant branded lookbook content, high impact promo units, and videos in the Discover Tab.
Shopkick’s location-based messaging and push notifications helped the retailer reach shoppers on-the-go, drive shopping intent, and encourage store visits.
Shopkick drove incremental foot traffic, sales, and customer acquisition by awarding kicks for visiting, scanning products, and making in-store purchases. Shopkick’s proprietary data shows what goes on in-store, in real time, helping retailers identify who their customers are and fill gaps in the customer shopping journey.
- 3.2 million store trips driven (over 1,370 per store)
- 28:1 ROI (+20% of spend returned in gift cards)
- $78 million in sales driven (*46% in Linked Card sales)
- 129 million content impressions delivered as added value
Visa Incrementality Study
*Oct. ’18 – July ’19
- 54% share of total spend was incremental
- 2.2% lift in spend over control group
- 35% share of incremental spend was from existing customers
- 65% share of incremental spend was from new customers