Our commitment to supporting our users and partners during COVID-19
A note to our users
During these trying times, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to earn kicks at home. And if you do have to go to the store, we’re making sure you can quickly get rewards while you are there.
Here are some of the ways you can safely earn kicks during this time:
Check out top-quality content and uncover bonus kicks in the discover tab.
Follow us on social to score chances to win kicks. Incredible content delivered straight to your feed, plus +25 prizes up for grabs each month!
Get everyday essentials, the best in tech, your favorite meal, or even a new look without even leaving the house.
Shopkicking is better together! Invite your friends to get more kicks and you’ll both earn250 kicks.
A note to our partners
We are supporting our brand and retail partners with a steady stream of consumer shopping data. We survey our users regularly (around 20,000 responses) to uncover answers to pressing questions that brands and retailers are facing during the pandemic.
COVID-19 Insights - Reports
A Year of COVID
COVID-19 changed the world overnight...
March 31, 2021
In this report, we uncover 12 consistent trends from the last 12 months that brands and retailers should keep in mind when planning for the months and years ahead, including:
- The solidification that in-store and online strategies can no longer be an “either-or” proposition.
- The value of upholding a loyalty strategy, even when brand names aren’t as important as they once were to consumers.
- The crucial role of data, analytics, and customer insights to better understand irregular consumer behaviors.
- The importance of having a voice, standing for something, and telling an authentic brand story.
COVID-19 Shopping Insights V
Despite vaccinations, Americans continue to expect safety precautions when shopping in-store
February 22, 2021
Shopkick surveyed over 20,000 consumers to uncover current shopping behaviors and how the vaccine rollout will impact those habits. In the fifth installment of Shopkick's ongoing COVID-19 insights series, we'll cover:
- The current status of stockpiling and panic buying as we approach a full year of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Which health and safety precautions consumers will continue to expect from retailers, even if a majority of Americans are vaccinated.
- How consumer confidence differs among generations.
2021 Shopping Outlook
Most consumers say the pandemic has forever changed their shopping habits
November 23, 2020
More uncertainty lay ahead as we approached 2021. Shopkick surveyed 14,000+ consumers to gain insights into probable 2021 habits, health and safety expectations, and more. This study reveals key insights as we approached an unpredictable new year, including:
- 60% of respondents said that the pandemic has forever changed their shopping habits
- Whether consumers will prioritize low prices, safety, or convenience when shopping in-store
- Whether or not a vaccine will influence consumers to shop in-store more frequently
Holiday 2020 Insights
Shoppers Will Turn Online to Holiday Shop During the Pandemic
October 6, 2020
There's no doubt that the 2020 holiday season will look different from years past as the health and economic crises continue to weigh on both consumers and businesses. Shopkick surveyed consumers across the country to gain insight on when, where and how they will be shopping this year.
- How the economic impact of COVID-19 will affect spending, and what adjustments consumers are making to their typical holiday shopping habits.
- How recent rises in shipping costs will influence consumers’ decision to shop online vs. in-store, and which retailers they choose to shop with.
- If consumers still plan to take part in major shopping days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and how participation compares to years past.
COVID-19 Shopping Insights IV
Americans are Stocking Up & Spending Less
August 26, 2020
Our fourth study (conducted from July 14 - 20, 2020), surveyed consumers across the country to analyze new shopping habits and trends. As the pandemic progresses, our most recent survey reveals new insights, including:
- How the economic impact of COVID-19 has affected non-essential spending, and what adjustments consumers are making to keep up.
- How households in states experiencing high spikes of the virus are handling shopping needs.
- Whether or not consumers feel any more comfortable shopping in-store with many states entering second or third phases of reopening.
COVID-19 Shopping Insights III
Americans are ready for the new reality of retail
June 23, 2020
The third study in Shopkick's COVID-19 series uncovers how consumer behavior has evolved from the earliest weeks of the pandemic to now, and provides key insights for brands and retailers as consumers adapt to this new normal, including:
- How often are American households shopping, and how have their spending habits evolved?
- Are consumers still stocking up on essential items like toilet paper and bottled water?
- How long will consumers wait before visiting non-essential retailers after reopening, and where will they shop?
- With non-essential retailers reopening, will consumers make a majority of non-essential purchases in-store, or online?
Consumer Research Study
The Evolution of US Shopping Habits during the COVID-19 Panedmic
May 14, 2020
The COVID-19 health and economic crisis has led to widespread fear, anxiety, and uncertainty across the nation. With non-essential stores closed and no clear “end” in sight, consumers have shifted the way that they shop to adjust to this new normal.
Our study answers pressing questions, including:
- Are consumers using new channels to shop as the pandemic intensifies?
- How are growing safety concerns impacting trip frequency and basket size?
- Is the economic crisis changing consumer attitudes toward non-essential spending?
- How has panic buying affected inventory levels from month to month, and state to state?
Navigating Shifting Consumer Behaviors During the COVID-19 Outbreak
April 8, 2020
As uncertainty and anxiety rise across the country due to COVID-19, Americans are doing whatever it takes to stay safe and healthy, including changing the way they shop. We surveyed more than 25,000 American consumers to better understand this shifting behavior. Our findings include:
- 76% of consumers are changing how they shop due to concerns about the coronavirus pandemic
- 60% of consumers say they are worried about shopping in-store
- 72% of consumers are shopping in-store less often
COVID-19 Insights - Press Releases
Shopkick survey uncovers consumer sentiment toward COVID-19 vaccines and how it will impact current shopping
Shopkick survey finds rising concerns about COVID are leading to empty store shelves as consumers
Shopkick survey finds Gen Z is most optimistic about the new year
Make no mistake—consumers still want to buy gifts this holiday season, COVID-19 or not.
Shopkick survey finds consumers plan to spend most of their holiday budgets at department and
The period of self-containment, businesses shuttering, and isolation may be just a short blip in
The 2020 school year is unlike any other in U.S. history.
Shopkick survey finds big box will win shoppers’ dollars; majority of parents will allow their
During a regular season, back-to-school spending tends to taper off in September.
Shopkick survey finds majority of holiday shoppers will make more online purchases than usual, but
Consumption habits have been deeply disrupted by the emergence of COVID-19, leaving shoppers and retailers
Latest Shopkick survey finds consumers in states hit hardest by new COVID cases are still